Sunday 13 August 2017

We're Here! (finally)




















The Janzens have arrived! With four bags instead of five!? Mom's bag never left the Toronto airport even though the ladies behind the front desk in London said it would. When we arrived in Shetland, we went to explore the Sumburgh lighthouse on the cliff and there we saw a group of nesting puffins. They were waddling in and out of these holes in the cliffs and were sunning themselves on the rocks. I found some Haggis flavored chips but didn't buy them. I saw a Scottish scarecrow that wore a kilt. I took a dip in the ocean. It was cold! We went and had some fish at Frankie's Fish and Chips. It was marvelous. I tried pushing a giant metal ball in the Lerwick harbour. I was glad to be back in Europe where I could buy Bitter Lemon, my favourite drink. Shetland is famous for their small ponies and I saw lots of them. I helped fire the cannons at the Viking ship below. When we left Shetland, we sailed by Fair Isle which is where a few people live and make sweaters because they have sheep and it is freezing there! Shetland was a nice surprise because we actually had a sunny day and it was hard to find any trees.

No comments: