Monday 4 September 2017

What a Whale of a Time in Wales!


































Guess what? After 15 years I finally got to meet Rhys, the man who my parents named me after! You're probably going, 'What? I though his name was Matthew?' Well, it is but my full name is Matthew Rhys Rempel Janzen. Anyways, we met Rhys and his two dogs Archie and George. Rhys took us on an amazing hike up the Great Orme where we had a great lunch that we had gotten from a sandwich bar where the owner was a friend of Rhys's. He also took us to a walled town where they were having a festival. There were people crab fishing all over the waterfront. We got some ice cream and then walked on the city walls which were quite high up. Luckily there was a railing because the walls were falling apart. There were big holes so they had to put in extra floors and supports. That evening we went to a local restaurant called the Toad where I had excellent bangers and mash with a big glass of R Whites premium lemonade (I always look for lemonade everywhere I go). It was very sad when we had to say good-bye to Rhys. I will miss him but maybe some day I will return to Wales to visit him again!




No comments: