Monday 6 November 2017

Going Back To Tavernelle



























We're back! We are finally back in Tavernelle after five years to visit our friends Cesare, Adelasia, Giovanni, and Annamarie. It was also great to see the world's fattest cat Romena who always visited us every morning.




 






















When we arrived in Livorno, we were supposed to have a Fiat for our rental car but Dad said it was too big so we got a Ford instead. When we drove through Tavernelle in our FORD, it was like driving around back home. We knew where we wanted to go and how to get there. There were also alot of people driving Fiats through the 'narrow' streets (not too big for them). It was fun to drive through the countryside to Siena, Florence, San Gimignano and many other small villages and towns in our FORD but it would have been better in a Fiat. I enjoyed revisiting old sights like the Piazza del Campo in Siena, the Duomo in Florence, the towers of San Gimignano, and the ruins of Volterra.





















My favourite day was when we went for a walk with Annamarie and her family. Our walk took us through several vineyards to a pond where Cesare would sometimes go fishing. Afterwards we went back to their house for an Italian lunch that was delicious. Annamarie also took us to an old monastery called Badia a Passignano where we got a tour from one of the monks. My favourite part was when we went to the garden because it had big walls along it that made it look like a castle. There were also a couple of cats wandering around the garden which reminded me of Lucky back home.























On our last day Mom and I went to get haircuts. The person who cut my hair was also named Matteo. I met lots of other people like the family from the Netherlands who joined me in swimming in the freezing cold pool.



I really enjoyed our time in Tavernelle and I will miss Cesare, Adelasia, Giovanni, and Annamarie. I hope to be able to go back and see them again some day.

No comments: